List the first lines of your last ten stories. See if there are any patterns.
Erm... last five worked on? I've been editing Switchpoint forever, to the point where I may be able to start NaNo some time in December...
1) “Thanks for dinner, Mrs. Ramaswami!” said Azalea, as they all stood outside the door, “it was delicious.” (Shadows Fall, the haloween sims short story that will have pictures soon if my game ever loads.)
2) We appeared out of nowhere in the middle of a slowly darkening field. (Switchpoint.)
3) There is a door in the wall down near the edge of the subway tunnel, leading away into the dark. (Doors to Nowhere.)
4) Eight made it to his desk in the lower hall only sixteen minutes late and slightly damp, and blushed furiously when his deskmate Ila looked up at him and rolled her eyes. (working title is "Pieces of Eight")
5) Date: November 17, eighteenth year post Transversum. (Fines Iustificare, which will, chronologically speaking, be the next Elven Heritage Legacy Interlude.)
... I'm sorry about that last one, but spoilers! And it should be out by some time in November since I'm not doing NaNo anyway. (I already have about 1/3 of the pictures...)
The new EHL chapter is coming out very soon. I have less than 10 pictures left to film.